Sunday, November 13, 2011

Making Dinner

One summer, a couple of years ago, my mom insisted I learned how to prepare meals. "How are you going to take care of yourself, your family?" was her argument. It was also during this time I was learning, my mom is usually right.
So on Sundays I would make dinner. My mom has always worked third shift as a nurse and said there is nothing she loves more than waking up to dinner before she leaves for work. She would pull recipes out of magazines and cookbooks and I would get to work.
I moved back home after not finding full time work. This year I'm living at home and saving money. I have off on Sundays again and have decided to start making dinner again. Cooking relieves stress from my job as a school counselor and I get to know everything that goes into my food. The recipes I'll share are from cookbooks and what I've changed about them. I am certainly no food critic and I have no formal training; I'm just a person who appreciates food and the people in my life who I love and who deserve fresh meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment