- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 ounces shredded (3/4 cup) pepper Jack cheese
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 1 cup jarred green salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped, plus 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over tortillas; bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together chicken, salsa, 1/4 cup cilantro, and cumin. Spoon mixture evenly over tortillas; bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve immediately, with additional green salsa, if desired.
I think sometimes eating things in a familiar way is important. Serving this as a burrito or as tacos would have been fine too. Since we're trying to eat healthier, corn tortillas are typically less calories than flour. I also probably would use less cheese.
Just some thoughts :) This wasn't a great dish but it wasn't awful - just need to make some adjustments. Happy Cooking!